Okay, how long do I get to use the "I have a newborn" excuse? :) I've been meaning to update my blog everyday for the last four weeks. So I think I'll give myself a month of the newborn excuse, which means it ends today. :) There is so much exciting news that has happened in the last month to share--and I am finally sitting down to share it!
First of all--Owen Anthony Schad was born four weeks ago today. 8 pounds 7 ounces. It has been a blur of excitement, fun, exhaustion, adjustments, visitors, and most of all joy. Everyone says it goes fast, and so far they have been right on--the past four weeks have flown by. I ended up having a c-section, which I fought having up until the day before he was born. The fluid levels were getting low, so I gave in and accepted the fact that he wasn't going to flip from the breech position and I was going to have the c-section. It turned out to be a great experience. I had amazing nurses in the hospital to help me, an amazing husband who changed every diaper for the first couple of days (and has actually continued to change the majority of them), and my mom came out for the first week to help as well. Lots of help equals a great experience. And of course getting to finally hold our little baby mixed with the relief of not being pregnant anymore also added to the happiness.
Our next exciting news came on March 17th when Joey found out where he matched for residency. He got his first choice of Mercy Medical Center in Redding, CA! Which of course this was my first choice too. I'm so looking forward to farmers markets and fresh produce, living in a smaller town (tiny compared to Phoenix), living driving distance to Butte Meadows, living close to family, and especially living in the same town as my great friends Julie and Gib! We are also looking forward to checking out what Redding has to offer--with Mt. Lassen, Mt. Shasta and the Trinity Alps surrounding it we have already started planning backpacking trips. And with the Sacramento River known for its fly fishing, Joey has already started looking at drift boats. :) It is an exciting change that we are both looking forward to. How is Joey going to have time to do an 80 hour a week residency with all the stuff we have to check out? :)
Well, it's time to feed the baby again, better get to it. Pictures to come in the next post...
Yeah Karen! I am so glad you updated your blog. BTW, I am in LOVE with Owen. He is so adorable.
ReplyDeleteLove it Karen. Thanks for the fun update :)
ReplyDelete