Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Catch Up Post

1. Thanksgiving day I had an awesome morning with the Fosters and Beltrans visiting baby Bennett.  Bennett is such a sweet baby!  I'm sad we only get to see them every couple of months--but I was grateful to get to spend the morning with them.  Then, that night, Owen and I went to the hospital to meet Joey for Thanksgiving dinner at the cafeteria.  The priest at our church was also having Thanksgiving dinner in the cafeteria--so we joined him.  It turned out to be a fun and memorable turkey dinner.  

2.  Four day weekend!  I got four days off for Thanksgiving, and Joey got three (in a row!).  Three and four day weekends mean four and three day work weeks--which is always an added bonus.  We spent most of our break working outside on the yard in the 70+ degree weather.  It was so nice!  We also took a day trip to Butte Meadows to close down the cabin.  It is always sad to close the cabin down, but I'm already looking forward to next summer!

3.  Owen is starting to string a couple words together which has been fun to watch.  His favorite "sentence" is "cookie please mommy".  So far he thinks that a granola bar is a cookie--he is going to be excited when he finds out what a real cookie tastes like!

4.  Christmas decorating is in progress.  We are going to get our tree either this weekend or next.  I'm already preparing myself for the trek through the snow to find the perfect tree with Joey.  I know Owen was in tears last time, and I'm mentally preparing myself for the search so I don't end up in tears as well.  :)  

5.  I've been pretty bad about taking pictures the last couple of weeks!  Hopefully more pictures to come in the next couple of weeks.  But here are a few that I have taken recently:

With Bennett on Thanksgiving

Trying to get a picture of him out at Old Shasta and all he wanted to do was go up and down the steps


   

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Owen looks so grown up! Such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete