Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Boys Report: August 2013

It's been a while since I've posted which usually means when I finally sit down at the computer a cluster of posts go up.  I'm in my fifth week back at work which I think is related to my blog slacking.  Levi is already 10 weeks old and Owen is already 127 weeks old (or close to it)!  haha  :)  The point is--they grow up fast and I can't remember what they were doing yesterday let alone months before.  So I want to do a monthly report of what they are currently up to to help myself remember each fun stage they have been in.  *Disclaimer* I will not be reporting the not so fun parts of each stage.  Those parts I don't mind forgetting.  :)  

Levi: we LIVE for this little guys charming smiles.  I think God planned a baby's first smile at the perfect time.  Just when you think you couldn't POSSIBLY get up for another midnight feeding you get one of these smiles and you completly forget the time of night and how tired you are.  He's such a sweetheart.  He has given me a couple of great nights of sleep too this past week.  His current tricks are to bat at his little Owls on his bouncy chair and make cooing noises. :)

Owen: Owen's two favorite things to do are play basketball and ride his bike.  He could literally do either one of those all day I think.  He is picking up new words every day and doesn't stop talking--not always in a language that you can understand--but his form of talking does not stop. :) 

The Belly Ache Story
Joey took Owen to the movies for the first time (I'm pretty sure Joey was just looking for an excuse to see Epic...) and Joey said Owen lasted about 30 minutes before he started getting restless.  Joey told me the only thing that would keep him in the chair with him was to keep giving him soda and popcorn.  What?!  So that night I went to put Owen to bed and he looked up at me and said with sad eyes "mom, I hurt".  And I said "you hurt?  Where?"  And he rubbed his belly and said "I hurt right here."  And I said "oh your belly hurts?  Go tell your dad."  :)  Owen's first belly ache from too much junk food.  Many more to come I'm sure.  :)

The Good Job Mommy Story
My personal favorite story of Owen this month...  I've been trying to get back into running.  So this particular day I wanted to make it a mile without stopping.  And I could see the mile marker--but I was hurting and didn't know if I was going to make it.  And right then Owen turned around in the stroller, gave me a big smile and said "good job Mommy!!"  I don't know what I would do without my running buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment