Saturday, February 25, 2017

The Pharmacy Comes Together

When I look back on pictures of this Pharmacy journey it actually makes me tired!  And I'm sure when I look back on the time I am in now it will make me tired to.  But every step of the way has been exciting and there has been enough adrenaline to keep me going!  I think the hardest part was staying strong through literally thousands of pages of paperwork and applications and more paperwork and more applications and more paperwork and more applications and...you guessed it, more paperwork.  But here I am with a license to run a pharmacy, in the state of CALIFORNIA, no less.  Persistence and paperwork pays off!

It is also fun to look back on the original building and watch the transformation.  Every thing in this pharmacy was hand picked to be in there.  Lots of pinterest dreams came true in this place, mostly because of Joey.  He did a LOT of work!  And I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!  


I got the keys!  I had to get a lease in order to turn in my applications, and applications take 6 months or so, so I signed my lease in September 2016!  Green and purple was the name of the game in this place!

And bays and bays of fluorescent lighting!

Love our downtown location! 
Chalking out where the cabinets and shelving will go!



Mailing my application to the board!!

Building my consult room and cutting down the knee wall to create a waiting room!



I had to do a lot to make this pharmacy happen and with that make a LOT of decisions...but there wasn't a decision in the whole process that made me more anxious than picking out the paint colors! 

Or the stain colors.  I almost went insane with paint and stain decisions.  No joke!  :)  Thanksfully, I had the help of an interior designer in town who volunteered her time to help me pick paint colors!  And I love how it all turned out!


One of my favorite things we did was take this huge nasty AC unit out of the front window!


I watched for pharmacies closing down on a daily basis to try to buy the entire pharmacy worth of shelving and cabinets and countertops.  After a few months of searching I found one in Manteca which was about five hours away.  I found it one day and they were going to be doing the liquidation the next morning.  The guy told me it was first come first serve so I got up at 2:00 AM and drove to Manteca so I could be the first one there.  I bought an entire Rite Aid (ironically because that is my competition) pharmacy that day!

Joey and a few movers came down to help me move it all a few days later.  We had three movers and Joey and I and it took us the entire day of moving to get it all in a Uhaul.  I wouldn't do that again.  

LOTs of heavy lifting and blanketing and organizing!

Our childcare plans with Abby fell through so she joined us for the day.  She was a perfect angel the entire day.  She spent most of the day in her car seat and didn't fuss at all.  Which was a MIRACLE for baby Abby!  :)

This was loaded to the BRIM!  We actually had to leave a few pieces of shelving because we couldn't fit it.  Joey was driving like 25 miles an hour up some of the hills back to Quincy.  It was a heavy load!

She seriously smiled the whole time.  It was crazy!

Back to work prepping for "Sparkle" which is a big downtown event here in town!

This was just hours before the event!


But we had a great night serving hot chocolate to everyone!



Joey and I got these free spools in Reno which required a LOT of sanding and work!  But they turned out awesome!


Another Joey project!  Planters for the front made out of his milled wood! 

Seeing my shelving come together!

More Joey projects!

Ahhh!  Love it!

More wood!



Post it notes helping me decide where I wanted all the over the counter sections to go.  So many decisions! 

My awesome contractors!  We really lucked out with these guys!  They were really patient with all my last minute idea changes and also shared my love for milled wood!

Getting things ready before opening day!

Night before we opened!

I think it will be fun to see how little the kids were during all of this!  They already are so different in just six months!  
Our Grand Opening was a really fun day!  So many people showed up in the pouring rain!

Another awesome project by Joey!


The sign goes up!

Loved having this girl by my side at the Grand Opening!


Ready for business!!

1 comment: