Our year started with me hiring a full time pharmacist and being home more. I think it has taken all year to adjust to that new role! I am thankful to be able to be home with the kids, and we have tons of awesome memories to share because of it, but I do wish I could be two places at once. Because I also loved my job! Thankfully I hired the most ideal pharmacist I could think of, and as time has gone on I have been doing so much better letting that role go. I still stay very involved in the pharmacy, but now it is behind the scenes with a MUCH more flexible schedule. It is fun!
We also started our year making on offer on a house and moving to this house in May. The house is a fixer upper in a beautiful spot. We weren't looking for a fixer upper--but we were looking for a beautiful spot. That has also been a huge adjustment. We lived in a nice, new home before this one--and it turns out that I like nice, new homes! Who knew?! ha! But again, times of growth and adjustment and as time goes on the house is becoming more of a home.
We have made it a fun tradition to look at these questions (below) that were given to me several years ago from a friend in Quincy. Here are our answers:
Our most memorable trip this year as told by all of us:
--Mom's birthday at Northstar. Getting to go to the pool in winter, Abby skiing, Owen and Levi skiing faster than mom.
--Palm Springs when Levi was so excited for the pool he ran right into the glass door!
--South Dakota--seeing cousins, playing with cousins, Legos with Grant, skiing with Ellie and sledding with cousins.
Hardest you Laughed this year:
--when Levi ran into the glass door at La Quinta running to the pool
Best Movie:
--Spiderman Far From Home
--Abominable
--Dora and the Lost City of Gold
--Frozen 2
--Sea Horse
Favorite Song:
Levi: Happier, Old Town Road
Owen: Radioactive, Sunflower
Abby: Old Town Road
Karen: Eric Church Desperate Man CD
Holiday Memory:
Levi--Christmas Morning
Owen--Big Chocolate Bunny on Easter
Abby--Chocolate at Peggys
Best Piece of Advice:
Joey: get to know the person instead of trying to solve the problem
Karen: pray the rosary every day
Levi: if you have someone you don't like--make that person your friend
| We have made it a fun tradition to look at these questions that were given to me several years ago from a friend in Quincy. |
| January 1, 2020. Namaste! |
| Starting the year off right with a fun hike with sweet friends! |
| Joey finishing up the Grinduro! |
| My half marathon training partner! |
| Lost and Found Bike Race with Joey |
| Whiskey, pickles and Bacon! |
| 35 Miles and 3500' of climbing! |
| More aid stations! Whew! |
| So pretty but SO MUCH climbing! |
| I finished three half marathons in 2019! The best part was training with friends in Quincy, and running races with these girls! |
The best part by far of 2020 is hanging out with these kids and watching them grow up before our eyes! This was a photo shoot we did in our front yard pasture!
| Where are you going Liv!? |
| Strange lighting made it look like there was a fire in the grass! No fire--just a cool reflection. |
| Add caption |
![]() |
| How fun is our front yard!? Our kids are truly living a childhood unplugged! |



No comments:
Post a Comment