2. WHISKEYTOWN RELAY! Joey did the Whiskeytown Relay last weekend and I didn't even realize that Julie was doing it too! I was able to find her on the road and honk at her during her leg of the race after dropping Joey off at his. :) I love living in Redding and randomly getting to see my friends!
3. CALIFORNIA LICENSES! Joey and I both got approved for our CA licenses (pharmacist and doctor not drivers) in the same week! We are both THRILLED. The process of getting my license has involved tears on many different occasions, way too much money, and over a year of time. (shout out to Courtney who was by my side every step of the awful way!) I am so so so thankful to have the whole process behind me! Celebrations are in ORDER!
4. OWEN! Owen will be 19 months on Monday (or still a year and a half if you're not counting). Everyday seriously just seems to be better than the last. More and more of his crazy personality comes out every day and we find ourselves laughing even more than before. He also learns at least one new word a day and that has been so fun to watch. Don't get me wrong, we get our FAIR share of tantrums and meltdowns, but the good stuff makes those times more bearable. :)
5. FALL! Fall is officially here! I look forward to the day where I don't have to blast the AC in order to fully enjoy my pumpkin spice latte--maybe someday the temperature won't be over 100 degrees! Pumpkin patches, Halloween costumes, leaves changing...ahh, can't wait!
6. MINNESOTA WEDDING! Joey leaves for his cousin's wedding the first weekend in October. We were supposed to both have all next week off (and we did) to go to MN together and check out Duluth where Joey did his undergrad and hang out with friends and family in MN. I lost my week off with the surgery, and can't fly anyway, so Joey is going to still go to the wedding for the weekend. I'll be sad to miss it but I'm glad Joey will still get a chance to hang out with his family!
7. COUSINS! I am super excited because my cousins Emily, Jess and Sara and their baby Luke are coming for the weekend to hang out! Can't wait to see them all and get a chance to catch up!
![]() |
| I told him to smile, and this is what I get. :) Love this crazy little man! |
![]() |
| We have a bike trailer that Owen currently loves to ride in. He yells "weeeee" whenever we go down a hill. It is fun and I hope he continues to like our bike rides! |
![]() |
| Notice the tiny ledge that Owen can jump off? If he finds a ledge of any height, he will go up and down it until you finally drag him away. |
| With Julie after the Whiskeytown Relay |
| Owen loved the lake, but wasn't so sure about getting in the water at first. |
| Shirt's off--getting a little braver! |
| Daddy encouraging Owen to get all the way in... |
| Dunked! He loved it and asked "again?" when he came up. |




Sweet Owen--soooo big! Such a boy! Love it :) And so proud of the CA license! All your hard work paid off! Congrats! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete