COFFEE POT: a sad thing happened last weekend. Joey's 15 year old coffee pot officially died. We thought we were going to have to say goodbye last winter when the carafe broke, but I found a replacement at a thrift store just in time and it gave us just over a year more together. The coffee pot was handed down from his dad when Joey went to undergrad, and then made it all the way through medical school (LOTS of coffee required). It was worked twice as hard when I came into the picture ;) and then just couldn't survive the coffee needs of residency. We saw the warning signs when the clock kept resetting and then it took it's last breath this weekend when Joey tried to brew a pot after an all night shift. It's the end of a 15 year era, the coffee pot will be missed. Joey keeps saying he'll throw it away...it is still sitting unplugged on the kitchen counter. I should probably throw it myself before we have to bury it in the backyard and have a memorial.
| Hard to say goodbye... |
Love the pics on the trike and am so sad to hear about your coffee pot! I also love the HOME print!
ReplyDeletePoor Joey, that is the saddest face ever. But, to lose an old friend like that is hard. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete