Friday, April 25, 2014

Stay at Home Mom: Day 1

So yesterday was my first official day as a stay at home mom!  I had high hopes for getting up early before the kids got up, doing some yoga...having a cup of coffee...reading a little bit...  Then I would get the kids up and we would have a fun day doing crafts and reading books and of course no shows.  

Reality?

I woke up at 6:45 to Owen yelling MOMMYYYY!!  6:45 came earlier than usual because I had had 2 whole glasses of wine the night before to celebrate my last day of work.  How old am I???  So I struggled out of bed and got him up.  (Joey was studying for boards otherwise I think I would have handed off the first couple hours of being a stay at home mom.)  Then I got breakfast together and just as Joey went to leave for work he told Owen "hopefully mom will play the kite with you today bud..."  I wanted to KILL him.  There was NO wind.  And it was freezing outside!  So for us all to get bundled up to go outside and fly a kite in no wind?  Owen was SO excited and ran and got the kite from the garage.  I had to break it to him that we were not doing the kite with no wind.  This led to a 30 minute meltdown begging for the kite.  I had to lock the kite in the garage and he laid down against the door begging for it.  At this point there was no way I could do the kite but I had to calm him down to snap him out of it.  Curious George?  Yes.  I put Curious George on to calm him down.  Broke my no shows rule before I had even planned on waking them up!  Oh well.  

Then I got Levi up and fed and Owen was calmed down enough to turn the show off and play with his trains.  I had a cup of tea ready and Levi drinking a bottle and Owen playing with trains and the Quincy newspaper in front of me...okay... here is my relaxing morning right?  Just then I looked down at my sweatshirt and thought--why do I have prunes all over my sweatshirt--I didn't even feed Levi prunes this morning.  Then I looked at my leg and had "prunes" all over my bare leg as well.  Then I realized those weren't prunes...that was poop.  All over my sweatshirt and all over my leg... and once I looked for the source found Levi had a HUGE blowout all over his back and side and front and chair.  Is it my first day as a stay at home mom or my first day as a mom?  haha  SO --so much for my tea and newspaper.  Cleanup time for Levi and I.  :)

I did manage to get them packed up for the gym and I got a yoga class in while they played at the daycare that they love going to.  (my best hour was the hour someone else was watching them) Naps went well and I did get a cup of coffee in which was WELL overdue!  

When I put the kids to bed at seven I wondered if it was too early for me to go to bed myself.  Then I walked through the house and wondered when the tornado of clothes and toys rolled through and destroyed my house??!  Didn't I fold laundry all day and empty the dishwasher and do the dishes?  Where did this mess come from?  Oh well, I was too tired to clean...some things just have to wait til tomorrow.

Either day two is going smoother, or after yesterday I learned to lower my expectations.  :) We shall see.  :)


After locking the kite in the garage Owen stood they crying and begging for me to get him back out...all of this before 8AM?  Not okay.

Owen is my sock helper when I fold clothes.  He gets all the socks out of the piles and puts them in the basket.  Yesterday he snuck these socks on while I wasn't looking.  haha!

1 comment:

  1. this post made me laugh so hard. I know those days all too well. Like today when I set my alarm for 6 to run....I woke up at 730 when Cory left the house. ugh....tomorrow is a new day right?

    ReplyDelete