Before he falls apart or gets lost, I have to do a quick post about Owen's beloved "Monk". This morning I woke up before the boys (yay!) and caught a few pictures of Owen and Monk together in our bed. (Owen is allowed to sneak in with us as long as it is light outside).
It is a tragic day when Monkey gets left at home and we are heading out on a road trip. This Monkey is "turn-around-worthy" because life is better for everyone if Monkey is with on the trip. The only thing that has worked so far with potty training--and let me tell you we have tried EVERYTHING--is to take Monkey away if Owen doesn't use the toilet. He has had to sleep several nights without him (and I can't believe he actually falls asleep without him) during the potty training process and it has proved to be the strongest force in convincing this kid we mean business.
I kind of wonder how long Owen will want Monk when he goes to sleep. I kind of wonder how long we should allow it. I think by the time Owen gets to high school Monk will probably have to take a spot on the shelf. ;) Until then, we will all enjoy Monk's content smile and hearing Owen say things like, "oh, Monk, you're such a little sweetie..." :) :)

No comments:
Post a Comment