Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend did NOT go as planned.  On our way to San Luis Obispo for Ally's wedding, we stopped in Colusa for the night and I got the flu!  We were SO bummed.  I tried to pull through but Saturday morning we were looking at a 6 hour drive with a sick me and the potential of the rest of the family getting what I had, and then turning around Monday and doing 8.5 hours back to Quincy.   So we hung out a little longer in Colusa and decided to go back home through Butte Meadows and at least get a little vacation out of our five day weekend that now had three days left.  I stayed sick and actually got worse by Monday, but we were still able to capture some fun memories.  Joey basically took over all parenting duties while I slept on the couch--but that usually leads to more fun for the kids anyway--as you can see in the pictures.  :)

We brought the kite for the beach.  This wasn't exactly the beach and there was (as always when we have to fly the kite) no wind--but Owen still had fun!

Check out daddy's BBQd chicken!

Heading out for a boys fishing trip while Levi and I headed to bed.

Owen was convinced that the fish would like marshmallows. 

Here's hoping!

Here fishy-fishy-fishy

No bites yet...

No fish with the marshmallow, maybe he will find some with his "GOBBLES"

"No fish Daddy, just some buggies on the bottom of the water"

Boys...

Got a little fogged up in that ice water

But LOVING every minute of it!

And back to marshmallow fishing.  Did they ever actually use a real fishing pole?

Make a wish!

Levi clapping for himself for throwing rocks in the creek.  Unlimited fun!

First tubing of the year!

I think he likes it!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment