Thursday, January 28, 2016

Grandma Kathy Comes to Visit (and Help!)

Grandma Kathy came to town for Abby's second week!  It was so nice to have her here!  I have a mother in law that comes from the same breed as my own mom--super over the top helpful, so great with the boys, and fun to hang out with too!  I don't know what I would have done without them.  Well, Kathy left today--so I guess I am going to find out!  Here are some pictures from our week with Kathy here:

Joey's office when he came back to work :)  He has the best nurses!


This new hat from Aunt Erin and Uncle Luke made me laugh!  How fun will it always be to dress up a little girl? 
The boys were spoiled to get to help both of their patient grandmas cook!  Here they are on Kathy's first morning here helping make the scrambled eggs.

And then that night using the "knife-es" which they don't normally get to use, and helping grandma with dinner.

Kathy makes the best lattes!  I had a couple of these a day!  :)

They loved helping with the enchiladas!

Picnic breakfast with Grandma!

Making my favorite thing that Kathy makes--scones!
Making meatballs--or should I say playing with meat playdough?

Caught you making an airplane out of the meat instead of meatballs!


Owen was so proud that he knew how to make a ball and kept trying to teach Levi how to roll them.  :)
Kathy's visit was also a sewing 101 class for me.  Joey got me a new sewing machine for Christmas and she taught me how to use it and do all the different seams and stitches while working on a pair of pajama pants. 
We made our own pattern out of a pair of sweatpants. 
We both DIED laughing when I tried my pajamas on midway through and realized that we had made the pattern wrong.  My sewing skills were not to blame here although I'm sure they didn't add!  haha  I literally thought I was going to bust open my stitches I was laughing so hard when I put these on for the first time. 



Final product!  hahaha  Nothing makes a postpartum body feel better about itself than these PJs!  :/  If nothing else this project was good for a great laugh!  And even though they didn't turn out to be anything I would ever wear--I learned a lot making them!  Watch out at the next white elephant--these awesome pajama pants might be wrapped up for you!
Jenga with Grandma!  Levi learned how to say "phew!" when they "sneak-did" a piece out without breaking the whole thing.

We've never done a birth announcement but the hospital gave us the paperwork and we filled it out and here you go!  It is fun to be famous!  :)
Abigail also made the church bulletin!  :)

Trust me--I ate the whole loaf.

Carmel rolls anyone?  I ate at least half of this tray.  I need the energy for breastfeeding right?!  They go REALLY good with coffee.  Or just by themselves.  In the middle of the night.  When no one is looking.

Sewing project number two--boppy cover!

Sewing 202: learning to do a zipper.  Let me tell you--don't do it.  It is too much work!

Pretty good for my first cover made with my own pattern!  And not pictured--an almost perfect zipper!


No comments:

Post a Comment