Monday, January 11, 2016

Levi Learns to Ski!

Yesterday we drove over to Northstar to take the boys skiing for a couple of hours.  It takes just under and hour and a half to drive over there and it is such a beautiful drive!  I also get to get a latte from one of my favorite coffee shops in Truckee so it is definitly worth the drive time for me!  :)  

It sure seems like it didn't take long to transition from Owen between Joey's legs learning how to ski to now Levi!  Is it sad that my 4 AND 2 year old are better skiers than I am?  :)  What a difference from three weeks ago when we were at Northstar and Levi refused to even put his skis on!  This time, after they made the first run, Levi was saying to Joey "let go of me Daddy, I do it!"  He caught on so quick once he gave it a try! 

Levi will always have the advantage of getting to watch Owen learn or know how to do something first.  I'm just hoping that will be the case when I attempt potty training!  :)  

We could NOT get Levi's ski boots on!  It was comical and also super annoying because we knew they fit but we just couldn't get them on!  Levi was no help and thought it was so funny!

Okay--ski gear on!  Time to wait for the ski "school" shuttle bus.  Is there any other kind of bus than a school bus?

I couldn't believe it when I made it to these guys (I have to go the back way up a different gondola) and Levi had his skis on and was loving it!

Owen was completely on his own this time!

"Come on guys!"  I can't believe Owen is leading the way!

This was cute but almost hard to watch--please don't slip out!

Finding his balance all on his own!

And this is why we can teach them so young-- Joey can ski and hold them both if needed.  :)

Go Owen!  Watch and learn Levi!

Levi all on his own!

Another beautiful day at Northstar!  I'm sure we are creating ski monsters that will want to go skiing every weekend.  All in Joey's plan I'm sure!  :)

Three days til baby!  Could barely see my snowshoes with that belly in the way!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment