Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Abby's Room

I am finishing up Abby's room and she isn't even six month yet!  That's a Schad baby record for sure! 

I had so much fun picking and choosing things from Pinterest that I loved for a little girls room!  I also finally used chalk paint for the first time and I loved doing it!  Painting a crib is pretty tedious but I love how it turned out!

There are still a few finishing touches to do, but I consider the room done enough to post.  Finishing touches could take another six months and mostly involve Joey so this is done enough!


Dresser before.  Joey actually made this dresser out of a TV cabinet so he was a little disappointed in me painting it but I finally convinced him!

I LOVE how it turned out!  The knobs are actually painted pink and I sanded down the edges for a distressed look.  Chalk paint was so fun!  I also love the "in a field of roses she is a wildflower" sign behind Abby.  There is a person in Greenville who makes signs to order so we had this one made when we found out we had a girl!  (one of the finishing touches is for Joey to hang that sign rather than have it rest on the dresser...)


Crib Before.  Joey loves dark furniture and I love white furniture and I'm still not sure why I let him decide the baby room furniture color for two kids worth...but it is so fun to have a change and still have our crib.

Crib After!  Also I painted the mountain scene behind the crib (which is hard to see in the picture--I had to tilt my screen to see the different layers).  My idea for the mountain scene came from Pinterest but it was in different colors of beige.  Joey had the idea to use pink and purple and I love it!

I love the felt flower garland I got from Etsy.  I just ordered a bunch of felt to make one more on my own.  DIY when I have time?  Where is the time when the sun never goes down and those kids don't ever want to go to sleep?  :)


This is also from Etsy and I had it printed at Costco and Modge-podged it to a canvas.  I love that saying!!






No comments:

Post a Comment