Monday, August 1, 2016

Klamath River Raft Trip

We just got back from a three day rafting trip on the Klamath River with our friends Ben and Ali and their two kids.  We also had their friends from Nevada City who have three kids.  So there were a lot of kids on this trip!  We got up very early Friday morning to get up to the put-in by 11.  (it was supposed to be 9 but we have three kids...)  We packed up all our camping stuff on the boat and set off for a three day adventure exploring over fifty miles of river.  As you can see in the pictures we had a lot of fun swimming and hanging out.  It was HOT outside--in the 100s--which made for perfect swimming weather.  Abby was such a trooper--sitting in the boat all day with a life jacket on is not ideal, but she slept most of the time we were out there and did great!  

Here are some pictures from our trip!


Packing the boat and having lunch before we took off.  I'm not exaggerating to say it was 120 degrees on that gravel.  I jumped in a few times as we were packing up.  
Excuse me what did you just say???  Wait, I think someone just said this is a three day trip.  Is this life jacket some kind of joke?

Klamath River!  These boys are livin' the dream!

Water!  Swimming!  Jumping off boats! 

The weather was HOT and the water wasn't too cold.  Pretty perfect jumping in conditions for these guys!
I spy with my LITTLE eye...something black!

Blackberry picking from the raft--not a bad life!  :)



Ready for the sun with their new sunglasses and sun hats



Playing with the reeds from the bank

Night swim=bath time

Night swimming was so fun!  The water was perfect and we all were loving it!


Pretty good life getting to go for a night swim with Daddy

"Corn-rolling" as soon as we got done with the night swim.

Owen taking pictures of camp.  The dinner was SOOOO good!

Hanging out in the tent on the first morning.

Well what do you expect?  I can hardly eat solids in the first place and then you make me do it with this life jacket on mom.

I have to admit, I'm pretty amazing.  Three kids five and under on a raft for three days.
Taking a break and taking a swim!

One of my favorite parts of the trip was rafting with my two little guys in the kayak with me!

So fun!

There were blackberries EVERYWHERE and these kids LOVED it!!  So did I!

T-R-O-O-P-E-R

It is hard to see but this is of Abby getting a bath in the river :)

Not a bad view from our campsite

Our little helper helping pack up camp

Perfect morning--playing in the all natural sandbox by the river.

What is this stuff all over my hands??

I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment