Sunday, December 18, 2016

Quincy Pharmacy Preview

 I think the best place to start is with the reason I haven't been blogging!  I'm opening a pharmacy!  It turns out starting your own business takes a bit of your free time.  But in a good way!  It has been a super fun process.  

If I spent too much time writing about the process I'd spend the whole afternoon blogging -- and ain't nobody got time for that.  :)  So here are a few pics from my phone and then we will move on.  More on the pharmacy later I'm SURE.  :)

First day I got my keys!  My BEFORE picture.  Say goodbye to purple and green and bays of fluorescent lights!

Brian and Scott's first week of work.  They created a private "consult room" for me where I will go over medications with patients and give immunizations.  

BEFORE picture looking out my awesome storefront to downtown Quincy!


Painted walls and floors and the beginnings of the stages for the storefront windows...  Please note, there is a HUGE non-functioning old swamp cooler missing from above the front door.  Felt GREAT to get that down!

This is how it looked in there about TWO HOURS before we hosted hot chocolate with the Quincy Chamber of Commerce INSIDE the store.  Colleen busy working on the window displays and Scott and Brian making finishing touches!  It was a bit of a rush--but we did it!


How CUTE did this store front turn out!?  We had hundreds of people come through for Sparkle that night!  You can see Joey's garden box that he created from his own milled wood and had a friend weld the steel on.  Joey also made the blocks that are on the stage.  The stages are all made from milled wood. I absolutely love the Quincy Pharmacy sign created by Sandy Hampton (I'll be selling her handmade signs in the shop).  

Colleen's window displays and Joey's tree boxes!  Turned out great!  A little boost for downtown Quincy while we wait to open!

Side note: we bought out all of the fixtures in a pharmacy down in Manteca and tore everything out and brought it to Quincy. 


 Here is the after.  It was just a LITTLE bit of work...  Gotta love what a good deal will make you do.  Worth it though!


We also bought all the shelving and broke it ALL down and moved it to Quincy.  It was quite the task.

It was a lot of work but we had really good help.

We were there for about 10 hours and this girl was and ANGEL!  Even though our plans to not have her there fell though, I definitely see this as a pic we will look back on and say "look how small Abby was when we first started all of this!"

Joey drove this little Uhaul ;) from Manteca to Quincy.  We were going about 20 miles per hour up some of the hills in the Canyon.  And it was POURING rain.  

But we made it!  The 4+ bedroom Uhaul was stacked FULL of shelving and cabinets and countertops.  It was an unreal amount of work but the community came to help us unload.  This is a pic of Rick, my pharmacist sidekick!  

This is a little out of order, but my superheros helped me hand out candy at Safe Trick or Treat in front of the store.  

Our first storefront in the fall!  We wanted to fill our storefront as we waited for our licensing.  My friend Colleen created this store front and it was so pretty!

Speaking of Colleen, I just hired her to manage my front end gift section!  She is picking out handmade pieces and I'm loving everything she is finding!  Picture Etsy having a storefront!  Can't wait to see it all come together.


No comments:

Post a Comment