Saturday, April 11, 2020

Hiking the Q!

We had Ruby still coming part of the week, so I could go to work and Joey could keep working in the yard.  One of the days I left work early and the three older kids and I went and hiked the Q.  The regular parking lot is closed because of the coronavirus (it is the high school parking lot) but we found a secret way which was exciting!  

It is nice to do things with just the three older ones every once in a while.  Liv--AKA the Monster--has hit a new crazy phase that is very fun but also a bit time consuming and distracting.  It was nice to just focus on the older three.  We also encountered a lot of bees on the hike so it was nice to be able to run when we needed to!








Hiking boots!

And we are off!

We were excited to see these wildflowers blooming!  Spring is coming!  Even if it did snow a week ago!

Abby wanted a picture next to each of the signs.  :)


Lichen and Moss

Running downhill is fun!

Feeling fast!

And then running uphill!  Abby did great keeping up with the big guys!




Peek a boo!


I brought a doctor pepper for the top of the hill as a fun surprise!!  Turns out it attracted more bees and all three kids got stomach aches from running from the bees with Dr. Pepper in their belly.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment