Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Meeee Kissmiss! (Merry Christmas in Owen-language)

We had a great Christmas morning!  Joey got home in time for 8:30 mass which was so awesome!  He also got some sleep on his all night shift so he didn't have to spend Christmas day sleeping...I was so thankful!  

After mass we made poached eggs, hash browns and some Jimmy Dean.  And coffee of course.  Then we got to open presents!  We had a lot of fun this year because even though Owen had no idea what was happening he was excited.  I think even Maya knew it was Christmas--especially when we let her eat one of her bones inside--which would never happen.  :)  We were totally spoiled and present opening was so fun!

We missed getting to be with both of our families on Christmas day but we got to skype with a lot of the Schads.  Owen loved seeing his Grandma and Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins!  We also got to see a lot of my family for dinner two nights ago.  It isn't the same without big families around but we are having fun establishing our own Christmas morning and traditions.  :)  

We got up early and while I got last minute things ready Owen got a book and jumped on the couch with Maya.  I love those two together.
Lots of presents for three people!! 
Poached eggs on toast, homemade hash browns, Jimmy Dean...YUM!

Maya sniffing out the bones in her stocking :)

Owen knew how to open presents but had no idea WHY he was opening presents...:)

Yay!

Santa brought Owen some waffle blocks to build and climb on.  I think Joey was more excited than Owen.

But he did love pushing them over

Wanting to help daddy build a fort



No comments:

Post a Comment