Thursday, June 20, 2013

Owen's Blue Room

Before I left for Colusa I worked on Owen's big boy room.  He loves it!  He got to peek in as I was working on it over the last couple weeks before we went to Colusa and he was very excited about his new bed in particular.  He calls it the blue room--which is fitting with it's bright blue walls.  :)

I chalkboard painted the closet doors in his new room too.  Owen's current obsession is dinosaurs, so for now it's a dinosaur room.  :)  That's the great thing about chalk...we can change out the theme pretty easily.  :)

We moved over the Owen sign from his nursery and my mom gave us the dresser/changing table.

There were a lot of projects involved in this room--but it made for a super inexpensive transformation.  Joey made the bookshelf our of half of a kitchen cabinet we took out of the kitchen.  I made the curtains by painting blue stripes on white curtains we already had. I made the brown/white bedspread by sewing brown and white fleece from Joanns together.  I painted a frame we already had white and had a printshop print the Winnie the Pooh quote "as soon as i saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen" for $1.50.  And we got the toddler bed on craigslist for $40!  It turned out to be a bright happy room for our happy little guy!



4 comments:

  1. Way too cute!! I love how crafty you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just showed Will the pictures, and he was excited because he knew the names of all the dinosaurs on your posters (thank you, Dinosaur Train:))!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool room.- venny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog when I ran across a photo of your chalkboard closet doors on Pinterest. I'm wondering if you could share with me your method of painting (primer or no? spray or brush on? Brand of paint?). I'm going to attempt to paint my glass pantry door inserts, and I've been nervous because I'm not sure what the best method is. Your closet doors are lovely and seem to have held up well. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete