Monday, June 10, 2013

Shed to Office Conversion!

Last fall I had the idea to take the shed we have in our backyard and convert it to my own office space.  I just thought it would be so fun to have a separate space and the feel of a garden office.  :)  Also, it would free up a bedroom and now with our little Levi we could use the extra room.  :)  It's a win-win!

I love being married to Joey because if I can dream it he pretty much can do it.  If only he had more time!  That's where my favorite father in law comes in...:)  Skills AND a week of "vacation" at our house--what more could I ask for??

Before and during and afters:


Let's get this project started!

Framing for the new window

Working into the night--there's half of my new window!

The workers


The old shed door.  And a new window installed!



Where the new door will go

What are father in laws for if it isn't to spend their vacation helping you with a project?
Tape and texture time.  Jim--can I get you a beer?  I don't want you working too hard.  :)


Framing in the window and soon to be adding a flower box!



One of my projects--laying the floor.  Lesson learned: don't decide to lay laminate flooring when you are 7.5 months pregnant.  Leaning over and a basketball in your belly just don't mix.  ;)
But I did it!  And I did the baseboards myself too!


Months after the start and of course many hours of work later--my new office!

Not too decorated yet, but a great little space to work!  And
don't worry--there is an air conditioner.  :)

I love my new garden office!  



5 comments:

  1. I love before and afters!! It's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute....so now do we get to sleep in your old office when we come visit? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that one of the troubles in having a home office is the possibility of someone disturbing you while you're busy. With your office being separate from the main house, not only do you solve that problem; you also free up space inside your home. That said, your husband and father-in-law did a great job! Your office looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a pretty amazing idea! Though small, your garden office is an item in your yard. And you're a lucky spouse indeed with your hubby happily constructing your home office. Please keep us posted with what's going on in your garden office. We're definitely interested! :)

    ReplyDelete