Monday, June 3, 2013

The Waiting Game

Today we were scheduled for a csection at 1:30 pm. My doctor told us that she would check to see if I am dilated before I go in for the csection and if I am dilated 3 cm that she would consider an induction instead of the csection. So we headed down here still unsure what was ahead but knowing that we finally get to meet our baby very soon!

We got checked in and did an hour and a half of prep for the csection. I met with the anesthesiologist team who explained the csection process and I signed all the releases necessary. When I finally got to see my doctor she told me that I will most likely be having a csection but she will check...

When she checked I was only 2 cm. But then she told me if I really really want to try to have a vbac (vaginal birth after caesarean) that she is willing to go another route and induce me with a catheter instead of medication. I told her I really wanted to. :). Which does mean a much longer process. And it means that we have to wait even longer to meet our little munchkin. But Joey and I have been passing the time with Netflix and episodes of 24. We hope that we don't end up watching more than one season during our wait. :)

Hopefully we will have a baby soon!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment