Sunday, May 18, 2014

Hello Quincy!



We got up at 5 AM Thursday morning to head to Quincy.  I had the trailer hitched to my car, Maya in the very back and both boys SCREAMING for no real reason except why are we up at 5 AM??  As I said goodbye to Joey I said-- please don’t make me get in that car…

Thankfully both boys were asleep five minutes after we stopped at Starbucks.  Please picture me pulling into a Starbucks parking lot with the trailer that I have no business pulling…   I just pulled in sideways and took up about 8 parking spaces.  Right at the end was a highway patrol.  Oh well.  Coffee was absolutely necessary.  I left both screaming boys in the car (which I NEVER do) and did what I had to do.  Coffee in hand we were ready for our adventure.

We arrived in Quincy at 8:30 AM—about 20 minutes before the moving truck arrived.  Just enough time to check out our new house (that we are renting) for the first time!  It was exciting to walk through it and see the layout and which rooms will be Owen and Levi’s and where we will put our furniture!  The best part was walking outside and seeing Owen RUN to his new “park” which really does feel like a park.  There is a huge swing set with a HUGE sandbox and a tire swing and a rocking horse swing already set up!  It is a kid’s paradise.  Not to mention a half acre of fenced in lawn which also makes it a dog’s paradise.  
 
Thank goodness for movers!!  It was enough to attempt to unload boxes and keep the kids out of the mover’s way and try to keep them happy as they survived on their third day of no naps.  :/  Equally thank goodness for my mom!  Who arrived that evening and stayed for four days and is absolutely amazing at accomplishing any project really—but in this case—unpacking!  She also just brought an energy that we needed after a long three days of moving.   

I’m writing this Monday night (no internet until NEXT Tuesday when I will post this, and as I post this it is actually almost another week later than that) and I can say that all but three boxes in the bathroom the inside of the house is unpacked and organized.  The garage is a different story and I hope that by the time I do actually post this that even the garage will be organized (didn't happen).

Our house is mainly heated by the wood stove—and up here in the mountains we still need heat--especially in our huge house that was built in 1879!  SO—the first two mornings we didn’t have any wood and I was so cold I was actually attempting to split wood with an ax.  There were two huge logs that didn’t fit in our wood stove so I decided I would split it myself.  Splitting wood is way harder than it looks!  But I managed to get a few pieces off and get it small enough to get in the stove.  Thankfully—yesterday we had a cord of wood delivered and I learned how to pack the stove at night so a bed of coals is ready to repack in the morning.  The house felt cozy all day today!  I feel like I’m turning into a pioneer woman!  

It has been a fun adventure so far.  We are anxious for Joey to start living with us again in July and are really looking forward to his weekend visits.  But until then I am going to enjoy extra time with my little guys!

Maya chasing squirrels up the tree--she is happy in our new backyard!

Singing with Maya

Our new house--so much green behind it!

Our backyard is so cool!

Watching the airplane fly by--there is an airport right next to the park

Owen jumped on the slide as soon as we got to Quincy

When Joey came to visit for the weekend we took a drive to Graeagle and went to the Brewing Lair which is a local brewery.  It was a cool place but the best part were the dinosaurs they had out on the patio!



Happy in the sandbox eating sand

Watching Owen at the park

You can't really tell--but this is five Mama horses with five baby horses--it was so cute!  This is on a path from the park to Feather River College which has been part of our daily walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment