Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Boys Report: May 2014

I can't believe May is almost over!  I haven't done a report on things the boys have been doing or saying in a while.  So I figured while I am waiting for that mouse to get caught in the trap downstairs I would take the time to write a little about what the boys have been up to lately.  :)

Owen: 3 years and about 3 months
-Last weekend when we went camping he was riding his bike around the campsite with Joey walking by him.  He looked at Joey and said uh oh my bike needs some gas, better go to the gas station.  So he pulled his bike over next to a clump of grass and pulled the grass up with his hands and said here's some grass for my bike daddy--this is the grass station.  haha
-Owen has not been transitioning too well with our move.  Lots of changes in the last month for him.  He had a lot of attention and loved being with Kristen every day.  Tough to trade that for a mom who is unloading boxes and trying to multitask.  He also loves Joey of course, and is a little confused why daddy is living far far away at his old house.  (which Joey doesn't actually live in but we've tried to explain that and he isn't getting it.)  He just told me today "I guess I want to go back to my old house where my daddy lives." :(  Therefore--the terrible two's have come at age 3 years and 3 months.  :/  (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is all the changes that is bringing out this side of Owen and as the changes settle down so will the tantrums??  I can only hope!)
-He really loves his sandbox and slide in the backyard.  The slide is super fast and he ends up falling on his face about half the time but that doesn't stop him!  :)
-Now that I am not working we have gone to story time at the library twice.  Owen loves it!

Levi: 11 Months
-Levi is still crawling everywhere and getting quicker and quicker at it.  He will pull himself up to stand quite a bit but I don't see signs of him wanting to walk quite yet.  
-He gets into EVERYTHING.  Especially if it is something you don't want him to get into--that is his favorite.  It is amazing to me how much destruction such a small little guy can do!  :)
-He has three words so far--Mama, Dada and Yaya (Maya).  When you ask him to say Owen sometimes he will say Ooooooo...but not always.  
-He gives kisses with a open mouth and lots of tongue--watch out!  But my favorite is when you ask him for a kiss and he just leans in to let you give him one.  
-He can crawl up stairs.  But doesn't know how to crawl down.  He took his first BAD fall off of the patio step onto the patio nose first last week.  So sad!  But he is taking it well and Owen loves to tell people about Levi's owie on his nose so it has worked out fine.  :)
-He has three teeth on the bottom and one big tooth on the top.  :)



Caught in the act!  We now have locks on all the cabinets for this reason.

What mom?


I filled one drawer with blocks to distract him before he gets into the rest of the kitchen.  He will stand there and pick out every block in that drawer and throw it.  Owen love to join him in his mess making ways.
They love making messes!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment