Thursday, May 29, 2014

Here Mousey Mousey Mousey!

After a long day with the kids yesterday I went downstairs to put some water on the stove for some tea.  (no microwave in this house, so you have to heat water the old fashioned way, of course...)  I just got some new tea that I LOVE and was so looking forward to a cup of tea before bed.  Just as I was sitting down with the newspaper to wait for the water to boil a MOUSE ran about a foot from my BARE foot and scurried into a little crevice on the side of the dishwasher!  Nooooooo!  They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but when mice are involved I'd like to take the "I don't want to be stronger" option please.  

Well, who else is going to do it--I just set my first two traps.  I thought I'd try to get him during nap time when I can set the traps where I want without little fingers getting snapped.  Here's hoping we get him.  I guess.  Cause the reward for actually catching a mouse is getting to pick up the trap that has the dead mouse snapped in it.  The joys of pioneer living.

I don't even know if I set it up right!  I hope I set it up so it is a mouse TRAP not just a mouse FEEDER.  I snapped my fingers in it already so I do know the snap works...

No comments:

Post a Comment