Monday, November 16, 2015

Getting Outside

It is so much harder to get outside when it is 30 degrees (or less!) in the morning!  But with a 4 and 2 year old I've found we all go a little crazy if we don't, so my goal is to get outside every day that it isn't pouring down rain.  We've done walks with friends, bikerides, and today we did sledding!  It was beautiful and the boys had a great time.  I'm so lucky to have met other moms that get me outside!  Today I went with a friend who had a baby four days ago.  Clearly I had no excuse to not get outside!  :) 

I've learned a lot from my first winter in the mountains.  If you put gloves on kids that want to make snowballs and dive in the snow--they last a lot longer.  We made it out for an hour with no meltdowns!  Victory!

Walking in a winter wonderland...

This is the Johnsville ski area that they are trying to put a lift on.  It is about a 25 minute drive from Quincy. 


Owen and his friend Jake loving life!

Hop on Jake I'll pull you!


Unlimited snowballs to throw--this guy was in heaven!

Watch out Maurice--Levi's got one coming right at you!

Get them when they aren't looking--on their back--just like I taught him...


Caught him licking the snot off his face...what's new?

#purejoy

Levi's little grin

A few days ago we went biking out at the college.  This happiness was just before both of them totally melted down from the cold.  I now have a rule that you have to wear gloves whether you want to or not.  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment