Saturday, November 28, 2015

Oh, Christmas Tree 2015

Oh, Christmas tree hunting.  I thought I wasn't going to go anymore.  I wasn't going to go anymore.  I'm probably not going to go anymore.  If it wasn't for Owen LOVING life so much out there in the snow I wouldn't even consider going anymore--but it is so fun to see him so excited that I couldn't pass it up this year.  We went with a pretty big group which helped a lot.  About 100 yards in people were already picking their trees.  But was Joey satisfied?  Not at all.  So he went off with Maurice who had the chainsaw and they were gone for about an hour while we all waited for them to find the "perfect" tree.  People kept saying--I wonder where they are???  I just kept my mouth shut because I knew exactly what was happening out there on their search for the perfect tree.  Been there too many times.  :)

Levi lost it about 15 minutes before they made it back.  It was only fitting, and I almost appreciated it because Christmas tree hunting just wouldn't be the same without a complete melt down by at least one of the boys--or me!  :)  

The crew ready to find those trees!

On the quest for the perfect tree!

Owen leading the way climbing the side of a snow-filled hill


Who needs a sled?




Look at those beautiful icicles!

Thank you for making our Christmas tree hunting complete with your tears Levi.

I can't resist throwing in this picture of Owen in the same snowsuit as Levi, hunting for a tree--back in 2012. 


They're ALIVE!  And they have trees!

There is our beautiful tree!

Hot chocolate after a successful tree hunting excursion!

Just some four year olds sipping hot chocolate and talking about going in the woods looking for pirates...


Who needs a ladder?

Owen was a big helper this year with the ornaments.  All of the ornaments were on one sagging branch, but he did really want to help. 

All of Joey's hard work and searching does pay off--isn't that an amazing tree?



1 comment:

  1. Always my favorite post of the year!!! Hahaha so classic

    ReplyDelete