Friday, August 24, 2018

Painting Projects aka Nesting Projects

Nesting is the best!

I was in a painting fury for a few weeks before we had Olivia!  It started with laying in bed and finding ideas on Pinterest to a full blown painting obsession!  :)  I really wanted to get each of the boys their own desks.  They really like coloring, and now that Levi started Kindergarten, I wanted them each to have their own work space.  

I also wanted to create a big girl room for Abby so when we took her out of the crib and got her into a new room it would be exciting!  We got her room ready a few weeks before Olivia arrived, so every time we walked by we said--that gets to be your room once we bring the baby home.  She has been doing pretty darn good staying in her bed and is pretty proud to be such a big girl now!

I'm so glad I had the nesting energy when I did because now--I can barely keep my eyes open to type this post.  I can't even think about painting right now!  haha
Joey refused to pick these up from the yard sale that we drove by, but surprised me and went back and got them when he realized how much I wanted them.  :)  $10 for both!  How do you go wrong.  The desk on the left is for Owen and the dresser on the right is painted pink now and is in Abby's room.  

After finding Abby's dresser and Owen's desk at a yard sale, I was searching on the Quincy Classifieds for a desk to paint for Levi.  I found this one for free online at 10:00 PM.  Joey didn't think I was serious when I told him we have to go get it now...before someone else does.  haha!  He gave in after saying--this pregnancy nesting thing is getting a little out of hand...  

Painting the boys desk chairs gray and a white art table for Abby that used to be in the boys room.  I spent about an hour getting all the tape off of that table.  :/  The boys must have used a whole roll of tape all over it!


I love these sleigh beds that I also found on the Quincy Classifieds!  Perfect for my chalk paint project!

First coat of gray is on!  Love it!

I had just painted the boys room two years ago but once we took their furniture out to bring Abby's in I realized how DIRTY the walls were!  Had to paint again--this time a little lighter color.  



Abby's room is pretty much done.  Still need to find a good color to paint the chairs for the art table and am STILL not happy with the dresser color.  :/  After two different pinks now.  More pictures of Abby's room to come.  But don't you love the sign Sandy custom made me for above her big girl bed?!

Our play room is now the BOYS room!  I love how the beds turned out!  And you can see their desks turned out under the window.  Colors picked by the boys--Levi is orange and Owen is blue.

And how about those bean bags!?


We got this wood dresser from my parents for the boys--which was in great condition and works great for them each having a side for their clothes.  I wanted to tie in the beds and keep some of the wood and saw this idea on Pinterest to paint just the borders and leave the drawers wood.  Love it!

The boys really love their desks!  They each get to have their own space for their papers and pens and of course--Pokemon cards!  Haha!


I'm so happy I had the energy pre-baby to get all this done--I love how it turned out!



No comments:

Post a Comment