Sunday, March 1, 2020

Owen Turns 9!!

It is hard to believe Owen is 9!  Seriously, I can't believe it.  We are sad to think that we are half way through the years of having him at home!!  Time really does go by fast!

Owen got to have some friends over on his birthday for kick-ball, pizza and a movie.  We also did a treasure hunt that was SO much fun!  I told Joey we should just do those like once a week for the kids, we had so much fun making it and then watching them do it.  

It was so fun getting the groceries with Owen for his birthday.  I ALWAYS say no to the kids pretty much for anything they ask for at the grocery store.  But the day before his party anything he wanted to get I said yes, throw it in.  His mind was blown!  He said it was the best trip to the grocery store he has ever had.  We got Gatorade and Doritos and candy!  All for the kids to find on the treasure hunt!

We had a really fun time celebrating our sweet guy turning 9!


Owen insisted on making his own cake.  He also picked the flavor--Red Velvet!  haha  I don't know why that makes me laugh so much! 

It is supposed to be a soccer ball.  It turns out it is hard to make a soccer ball.  And I ran out of black frosting.  Owen said it is THE BEST CAKE HE HAS EVER SEEN AND IT IS PERFECT!  So I guess I don't have to run to the store for more black frosting?!  :)


Owen let Levi bring a friend to his party too.  And OF COURSE Abby is in the mix!  


And they are off to find their first treasure!

Gatorade in the meadow.  I wish I still had the clues.  This one was something like if I were a hawk looking for a mouse where would I go?  They tore off to the meadow and found the Gatorade.  haha!  Mountain boys!

At this point they had already found three treasures--Doritos, Gatorade and peach rings.  Snack break!

Boys sure do eat junk food quickly!

This picture of Abby kills me because she was SO happy about the Gatorade! It is as big as her head!

Snack time is over--off to find the next treasure!

This was something about sledding and Joey put the sled at the top of the hill with the treasure in it!


And somehow this turned into sledding down dirt on your stomach with the sled next to you.  Boys!


They burned those junk food calories off pretty quick with all the running we had them doing!



We added yellow cake to the red velvet!  It was a hit!

Kick ball somehow ended up all the boys versus Joey!  haha!

We just beat the rain and the kids had a blast!

This is "ok everyone look over here and smile!"  

Presents, cake and ice cream!

Owen was living the dream that day getting to have all his friends over SUPER LATE (9PM).  :)

Best day EVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment