Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Bobcat

When I told Joey I wanted a cat I guess I needed to be more clear.  A Bobcat was not what I had in mind.  

Last week while Joey was in Minnesota there was an auction at Richie Brothers with a few Bobcats he was interested in.  I was in Colusa which is only 30 minutes from the auction--so I was in charge of doing the bidding!  Thankfully Luke went with me to test drive the day before and went with me the day of for moral support with the bidding.  He also helped line up getting the Bobcat to his house until we get a trailer to bring it up to the cabin.  

I was pretty nervous at the auction--it is quite the operation and it all goes SO fast.  They do a piece of equipment every minute!  It was scary but also pretty fun!  I think I was the only girl bidding on anything that morning!  :)  At least my mom kept Abby because a girl bidding with a baby on the front pack might have been a little too much. :)  We did good and walked away with what we wanted!  

We had to facetime with Joey so he could see the hydraulics in action!  With Luke in his work clothes and limited experience with a Bobcat and me cracking up I think we stood out a little bit to the other guys testing the equipment.  :)

The auction stadium--we got there early to see what it is all about!  They were playing music over the loudspeakers--I felt like I was at a baseball game!

Luke picking up the Bobcat with Nick Weber from Colusa.  Nice to know farmers with trailers!  :)

The newest member of our family!  I'm sure the boys will enjoy a few rides in that this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment