Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Rafting Spanish Creek

Yesterday I took the boys and Abby for a rafting trip down Spanish Creek through Quincy.  Our friends we were going with have a five month old and a two year old so I figured it would be fine to bring a 2.5 month old?  It was smooth water so it wasn't scary to have a baby, and the boys had a blast going down all the "waterfalls".  :)  I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself to take this on without Joey!  He joined us for about an hour of it during his lunch break, and we had our friends Rob and Diane there too, but still!  I'm getting so adventurous in my old age.  :)


Owen thinks smiling is making a funny face--maybe he is sick of me taking all the pictures I take...

Abby being a trooper while we got everything ready.  :)

Which one is the captain?  Who's going to row those oars?

Abby isn't so happy to have that life jacket on, but after the first five minutes she slept the rest of the day!

Our "whitewater" rapids.  The boys were SUPER excited about it!

Ben had to clear a path for us in some places--beaver dams made for a slow ride.

Rob and Diane came with us which was a huge help to me with the boys


I had to get a picture of Abby passed out with her life jacket squeezing her cheeks the whole day.  What a trooper!


Spanish Peak in the background--such a beautiful day!

Half way there we stopped at the park for lunch and to play on the playground.  Joey joined us during his lunch hour for a little bit of time on the river and lunch at the park.

Still sleeping!  Maybe we should hang out on the river more often!

Getting ready to go back out there after some fun at the park!

So sweet!


It is hard to tell but we saw these baby goslings out on the river--signs of spring!

We made it!  The kids did awesome with a full day on the river!  We started at 9:30 AM and got home at 4:30!  No complaints--just when are we going to go again mom?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment