Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Road Trip Part 1: Scappoose

49 hours of driving.  11 days.  2 kids.  I need a nap.

Our trip started with driving to Colusa via Redding.  Joey came to Colusa that night so we could hang out on our 5th anniversary.  We had dinner and listened to live music at the Steelhead Lodge in Colusa.  :)

The next morning Owen got up early and went and played tennis with my dad and Joey before my mom and I headed out on our 10 hour drive to Scappoose.  They came home from tennis with a box of donuts.  Donus for a 3 year old who is going to go on a 10 hour drive???!  I told my dad and Joey that we are leaving Owen with them.  :/

My mom and I loaded up the car and got the boys in and headed out on our big road trip.  Five minutes in and I look back and Levi is throwing up his entire bottles worth of milk --half of it coming out his nose.  I felt so sorry for him but also so sorry for myself to have to smell that for the next 10 hours... So we pulled over and got him cleaned up and headed out again.  5 minutes later we slowed down to get on the I-5 on ramp.  As we slowed down Owen asked--are we there Grandma???  Are we at Will's??  My mom and I looked at each other and cracked up laughing--uh--not quite bud.  

The next 7 or so hours were uneventful.  Kids slept...I finished a book on CD...we kept commenting on how well the trip was going and how great the boys were being...   Then came the screaming.  GO FASTER GRANDMA--GO SLOWER GRANDMA--I WANNA STOP--STOP GRANDMA!!!  Screams from Owen that his stomach hurt.  Screams that were so loud and piercing I had to plug my ears.  Finally we were able to stop and Owen got out and puked in the McDonalds parking lot.  I went to check on Levi in the car and just as I got to him he puked all over himself and all over his car seat.  Again.  What?

Thankfully--after that the rest of the trip was great!  Owen was SOOOO excited to see his cousins and we were greeted with them on the street cheering that we had arrived.  :)  :)  

We had SO much fun at Mary's house--well worth the trip!!  Pictures below to show the details of what we did when we were there.  :)

Playing in Will's room!  Grace is so sweet with Levi! 

Sadly, this is blurry, but still worth posting.  Owen's hug to Kate when she woke up the first morning we were there.  :)

Levi was the center of attention! 

We had dinner at Pat's brother's house with all the other cousins which was so fun!  Lots of kids the same age!

Strawberry picking at the farm!

The farm was so fun!


We played tennis with all the kids--Grace was doing so well!

Kate getting in on the action!
So fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment