I shot a bear.
Well, not really, but I thought about how I would have if I could go back in time... BEFORE he knocked my entire garbage over and drug nasty garbage full of dirty diapers all over the woods.
I came home from my road trip to two weeks worth of garbage that originally was in our big garbage can ALL OVER our side yard and into the woods. I left it for an entire day before I again had to give myself the "someone has to do it and that someone is you" pep talk. So I wrapped my hand and arm in a garbage bag up to my shoulder, plugged my nose, practically closed my eyes except to make sure a raccoon wasn't still lurking in a bush, and cleaned it up. Let me tell you, dirty diapers are disgusting, three year old I-refuse-to-potty-train dirty diapers take the word disgusting up a level, but 2 week old sitting-in-trash-that-includes-raw-meat-packaging diapers take it to a level you don't ever want to encounter. There are no words.
Needless to say, I got it done. Another challenge met. What is my reward at the end of all this again????
Side note--I now walk around wondering about the type of berries I see in wild animal poop and without even wanting to --I have to connect it to some type of animal. I have googled "what does mountain lion poop look like?" What is happening to my life?

No comments:
Post a Comment