Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Memories

Our friend gave us these really cute and fun cards in a New Years Eve basket so I thought I'd share some of our answers on the blog so we don't forget some of our favorite memories from 2015!



Most Memorable Trip of the Year:
Joey and I both said going to Yellowstone.  Waking up to Owen riding his bike around the campground in his PJs, making breakfast on the camping stove with the boys, swimming in the river where the cold water met the hot water, seeing "those things that shoot water", and the coyotes howling at the moon, it was a very memorable trip!  

 

 

 



Best Movie of the Year:
We both really liked The Man From U.N.C.L.E.  I don't usually like movies that Joey likes and we both really liked that one!  :)

Hardest You Laughed This Year:
We both remember laughing REALLY hard on our last day at Yellowstone when we were driving around looking at wildlife.  We were pulling over because Joey saw a bear, which turned out to be a tree stump, and ten cars pulled over behind us.  Then we started talking about different things you could do to confuse tourists and we couldn't stop laughing!  

 

 



Day This Past Year You'd Live Over and Over:
We both thought the long days in Butte Meadows with coffee by the fire in the morning, tennis with the boys, creek time in the afternoons, and fires at night made for some pretty repeatable lazy days!  Daydreaming about our future cabin throughout the days up there definitely is included in the fun.  :)  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Biggest Lesson Learned This Year:
Don't be the Pharmacist in Charge at a hospital pharmacy.  hehe  That may not have been my exact lesson but a lot of lessons sure came out of that role!! 

Favorite Song of the Year: 
It is almost impossible for me to pick a favorite song because I love so many!  We were pretty into Kacey Musgraves this year--we put her CD in the van on the way to Yellowstone and it is still in there.  That says a lot!  We also love the music from the show Nashville!  Also, the new Eric Church CD--Mr. Misunderstood-- has been on repeat at our house this last month!  :)

Best Thing You Did for Someone Else This Year:
I thought Joey's Nativity Scene was a great donation to our church and community.  He spent at least 40 hours of his time on that and I thought it turned out so great!  Now we all get to enjoy it for many years to come!



Favorite Holiday Memory: 
Christmas morning had a lot of magic this year with both boys SUPER excited about opening presents!  :)



Best Piece of Advice:
It was hard for me to decide if I should keep working or be at home with the boys--and so many people gave me this advice and I think it has a lot of truth:

Good advice to those of us seeking work/life balance.:  

A few other quotes/words of advice that stood out to me this year:

I think this is part true. Pray is still us asking God to change things through His power and will, but it also can be the reflection that we need to accomplish things through Him 

live now 

St. Catherine of Sienna 

Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible. | Mother Teresa Picture Quotes | Quoteswave 

Beauty 

full of wisdom


Best Moment of the Year:
It is so hard to choose one!  We couldn't!  Getting to move into our house in April was a great moment for me!  Not the actual moving part, but getting the keys and getting to enjoy this house for the last 8 months has been so awesome!  Buying our lot in Butte Meadows was a pretty fun moment that will be the source of many more best moments I am sure!  Finding out I was pregnant with Baby #3 was a great moment, although now that I've been pregnant two times before I know that realistically it also means 3 months of feeling sick, followed by 6 months more of being pregnant, so I think I'll save that favorite moment for two weeks from now when we have our little #3.  :)  Getting to do a family vacation at Northstar and watching Owen ski was a fun moment forsure!  And finally, I know it is cheesy, but Owen and Levi provide us with little best moments every day with the little things they do, from making us laugh out loud to sneaking in our bed just before we get up.  :)  We are blessed with so many best moments and look forward to many more to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment