Friday, December 18, 2015

My Birthday and Snowshoeing

My birthday week really did last a week which is always my goal but not always the reality.  It was fun to start it at Northstar and I guess it officially ended yesterday when Joey and I took the morning off of the kids to try out my new snowshoes.  On my actual birthday I worked at the Pharmacy in Greenville and they surprised me with a 5 pound chocolate cake--no joke.  It actually had bars of chocolate in it.  It was amazing and such a sweet* surprise!  They also gave me flowers--they spoil me over there!  I came home to dinner made for me and dishes done and kids put to bed while I hung out!  I love my birthday!  

Yesterday Joey and I went up to Eureka Lake and I used my snowshoes and Joey skied.  It started out SO cold but quickly I was taking my down jacket off and loving the "cool breeze" that when we first started out felt like a whipping wind.  Snowshoeing is a workout!  But it was super beautiful and fun and always nice to get away without the kids for a few hours and hang out with Joey.  It is especially nice since our time is running short on getaways without the kids with this baby coming soon!

Owen loved making Christmas cookies this year!

He did great frosting the cookies and made the BIGGEST MESS with the sprinkles!  It was fun!

A piece of my cake from the Pharmacy.  They sent me home with candles so the kids could help me blow them out.

They LOVED blowing out the candles!  We re-lit them at least 10 times!

Birthdays are so fun!  Levi kept beating Owen at blowing out the candles--we couldn't relight them fast enough!



How beautiful is it out there?  I love the snow!

Winter wonderland!

My jacket is getting a little small...:) and I can't button Joey's extra pair of snow pants!  :)  This is at Eureka Lake--I didn't know if I was going to make it (Joey said it was half mile and it turned out to be 1.3 miles UP there) but it was fun to sit at the picnic table up there and drink our thermos of hot tea once we made it!





No comments:

Post a Comment