Saturday, December 12, 2015

Northstar Ski Trip!

We just got back from two nights at Northstar!  The first night we were there it snowed two feet on the mountain!  It snowed about 8 inches in the Village where we were staying--so fun!  

Owen absolutely loved the skiing!  It was so fun to watch him!  We also got a lot of fun time hanging out together playing games and watching Christmas movies.  :)  We also had fun celebrating my birthday all weekend--even though it isn't until Monday.  :)  We are hoping this will be the first of many years celebrating my birthday weekend at Tahoe--we had such a great time!

As soon as we got there these guys got in their snow gear to head out on the mountain!  Levi and I took naps!

I wasn't feeling too great the first day there (both boys had a stomach bug earlier in the week) so Joey took the boys shopping in Truckee while I rested some more and they came back with presents for my birthday!  A new mug for my collection!

The boys were so excited to help me open presents!  Owen couldn't help but tell me what was inside!

New snow shoes!
Jenga by the fire--so fun!

The boys loved sleeping in the same "bed" both nights!

We woke up to two feet of new snow on the mountain and close to a foot at the Village.  We loved staying right in the heart of the Village.  Coffee, sushi and ski lifts just downstairs!

Levi got a season pass this year too--free under 5!  We called him grumpy pants all weekend for refusing to smile for his picture. 
Headed to the Gondola which was literally downstairs from our place

I'm the only one in the family without a season pass--so I took a different route to the top via the Ritz Gondola.  It was SUCH a beautiful morning walk I couldn't help but take a picture on my way!

I found them!  When I asked the guy at the Ritz if I could take the trail down  to the magic carpet (in my new snowshoes!) he said he'd just drive me down in his mini snow plow.  I guess being 35 weeks pregnant has it's advantages!

Season pass or not, this guy refused to put his skis on this trip

Someone is excited to ski!
Doesn't the sky look fake?!  The whole scene looks fake--it was so beautiful!

Joey sent Owen off on his own while he and Levi stayed up top to watch!

Joey taught him how to break the day before and he did so great at slowing himself down! 

So much fun!
Joey kind of did it all holding Levi and helping Owen if he needed it.  I just took the pictures.  :)

Loving going out on his own!


Taking a ski break to throw some snowballs at Daddy!

Heading back home...

Helping Owen around to the Gondola
The only thing better than skiing is taking the Gondola up and down...

Even "grumpy pants" liked it!


Wagon rides with all the gear!  The one minute ride might have been Levi's favorite part!

Hot chocolate down by the fire

Happy goof balls!

Helping me get breakfast ready

By far Levi's favorite part of the trip--the big bathtub!  They took 3 hour-long baths while we were there!

No comments:

Post a Comment